View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

i would like to just bring up something kind of ironic. Its pretty often that people compare similar cars like a mustang vs a camaro or w/e people say 'its a drivers race,' meaning that the difference between the times of the two cars are so insignificant that the skill of the driver and the choices he makes while driving are going to impact the race more than the physical car its self. There are stock mustangs that have beaten stock camaros, and stock camaro's that have beaten mustangs, and those are two different cars, and i'm sure ONE is most definitely 'faster' from the factory. Yet with our stupid 1/4 mile time debate between AT and MT people get so hung up on a 10th of a second and make it seem like its this insurmountable difference and that no matter what the 7at will be faster.

so i fail to see how when comparing two similar cars it can come down to being a 'driver's race' however when comparing the SAME car 370z MT vs 370z AT, it's somehow impossible for the 6mt to pull a better time. I hope everyone is happy with their transmission choice, but if you got a 7at just because it pulls a better trap time in motor trend i think you're pretty foolish. if the 6mt pulled a better trap time and you hated driving stick but just got 6mt because it was faster in a 1/4 mile i would say you are equally foolish.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote